Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sew Oregon: Day Two

On the drive back home from a mini-vacation to Crater Lake and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival where we saw The Music Man, we stopped by six quilt shops on the Sew Oregon route.
I did the driving while my husband with GPS, laptop, map of Oregon and cell phone in hand expertly mapped out all our stops with precision and great patience.

Our first stop was Thistleberries in the town of Riddle. Hannah picked out a red Moda fat quarter and we were on our way to Something to Crow About in Springfield. Here we found an awesome polka dot print to match our Christmas print perfectly.

On to Callapooya Quilts in Brownsville. Gotta love the small town quilt shops and this was the one I will remember, situated at the end of the sweetest street I've seen in a long time. Hannah was given not just one charm square but enough to make a 9-patch!

We missed the next shop in Albany (The Quilt Loft) because the directions on their website were for I-5 south and we were traveling north--my navigator was very disgruntled over this! We scored big in Salem by visiting Rich's Sew and Vac who gave us two packages of machine needles, followed by Greenbaum's Quilted Forest--always a visual explosion to behold, and finally The Cotton Patch (just north of Salem in Keizer).

Today was the final day of Sew Oregon and I did not make it out to any more shops. Our total of nine shops was just one shy of entering the grand prize drawing (one ticket for every ten shops visited), so I'm keeping my passport with my blocks and will work with Hannah to make our keepsake quilt. Thanks to all the shops who participated; hope you were blessed!

Copyright ©2009, Sharon Baggs

No comments:

Post a Comment