Friday, February 18, 2011

Quilted Mug Rugs


The mug rugs are finished! And managed to get red in there--really cheers up the asthetic appeal, at least for me. Looking to get these in the mail to Nicole in Texas later today, before the due date of Monday, which is a holiday and no mail moving anyway.

A look at the flip sides:


Using black cotton thread, I quilted a shell design and some stitch-in-the-ditch around the horizontal bars.


On the other one, I quilted spirals, angles, and leaves with variegated yellow thread. Finished with echo quilting around the outside edge of all the designs to fill in the area near the binding. It was one continuous line of thread.


Really enjoyed this little project.  Fun to use a mix of contemporary fabrics with a few oldies but goodies from my stash.


Someday I will be a real art quilter.
Copyright ©2011, Sharon Baggs

1 comment:

  1. These little mug rugs are truly an artwork and I LOVE them. Thank you so much to my secret swap partner.

    ReplyDelete