Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sunbonnet Sue: Take Two

After sewing costumes, the return to quilting feels like I am going on vacation! Here's the completed quilt top of the second Sunbonnet Sue design, which I was working on a few weeks ago.


Today I am contemplating quilting designs for this top. I have a few ideas to audition and would like to make it a bit different than the first SS quilt. Since the sashing is plaid, I'd like to see how X's would look in that area. For the background, perhaps some McTavishing--named after Karen McTavish--which is short flowing lines that creates little pillow-like pockets of quilted space. It's a great background fill around an applique design. For the border triangles, maybe a feather design to fit the space. We'll see how it goes!

Copyright ©2011, Sharon Baggs

No comments:

Post a Comment