Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Modern Denim Quilt

This quilt was pieced in 3 days by my friend, Diana, who hired me to quilt it for her. It will be used as a wall hanging and she wanted the design of a square to be used throughout the quilting designs. The name of the quilt is Red Square and it is a gift for her friend, Robert.


I used a variety of line designs and was able to complete the quilting with just the use of the walking foot on my machine. Here I chalked line segments on triangles in the dark denim areas on the top and bottom of the quilt.


Blue painter's tape makes an easy to apply and remove guide for walking foot quilting.


Much of the quilting was not marked at all, especially where random quilting lines were used.


A few close-ups of the quilting:






The finished quilt features a muslin backing and a muslin hanging sleeve.


Binding was made with lightweight denim fabric. I used mostly Superior's Omni thread to complete the quilting.


Copyright ©2014, Sharon Baggs

No comments:

Post a Comment